The City of Sheffield Hatters Women’s Basketball Club operates a “100 Club” to raise funds for the club. The profits go towards the running costs of the Club and its future development.
The 100 Club is open to members, their families and friends.
The cost of numbers to be entered into the monthly draw are £3 each.
A third of all income after expenses is paid out as prizes.
The prizes depend on the number of participants. If there are 100 members the annual prize pool would be £1200 paid as 12 monthly prizes of £50 and larger annual prizes to be drawn at the end of season of a top prize of £400 and further prizes of £150, £100, and £50.
The full rules are below.
CITY OF SHEFFIELD HATTERS BASKETBALL CLUB “100 CLUB” RULES.
1. The 100 Club will operate a Small Lottery as defined by the Gambling Act 2005. The City of Sheffield Hatters Basketball Club will appoint a subcommittee to run the 100 Club and the organizer will be authorized and appointed by the Committee of the City of Sheffield Hatters Basketball Club.
2. The City of Sheffield Hatters Basketball Club reserves the right to alter the Rules of the 100 Club as necessary. Participants will be notified of changes. In no circumstances will changes retrospectively disadvantage any participants. The current up-to-date rules will be shown on the City of Sheffield Hatters Basketball Club’s website.
3. All profits made by the 100 Club will be paid to the City of Sheffield Hatters Basketball Club.
4. Numbers to be entered into the draw may be purchased for £3 per number per month. Members, their families and friends may purchase one or more numbers. Participants must be 16 or over. Payments may be made either (a) by monthly standing order or (b) by annual cheque.
5. Draws will take place on 3rd Friday of each month or on such date as is advised to the participants in advance. The time and place of the draw will be notified to participants.
6. Numbers not paid for by 2nd of the month will not be entered for the draw that month and may be reallocated
7. A third of the net income of the 100 Club will be paid out as prizes. The amounts of such prizes shall be decided by the organizing subcommittee who will make the arrangements for the draw.
8. Prizewinning numbers will be listed on the City of Sheffield Hatters Basketball Club website and payment will be made at the draw or will be sent by cheque to the participant’s address.
9. The City of Sheffield Hatters Basketball Club may wind up the 100 Club at any time and will repay participants’ payments made in advance.Share