Sheffield-based women’s basketball team, the Sheffield Hatters, have announced not-for-profit health insurance provider, Westfield Health as their headline sponsor for the season.
Fresh from winning the National Cup Final at the weekend, the team will now be known as the ‘Westfield Health Hatters’ and will sport a new blue and white branded strip.
Betty Codona OBE, Chair and former head coach of the Hatters, said: “We’re delighted to have one of the region’s leading businesses on board as our sponsor.
“Westfield is a Sheffield based company that enjoys national success, as we have with our Cup Final wins. This, combined with the company’s real dedication to improving the health and wellbeing of people across the UK, made Westfield the ideal partner for our team.”
The Westfield Health Hatters secured their fifth successive national Cup Final on Sunday 26 January, winning 67-55 over Team Northumbria at Ponds Forge in Sheffield. It is the team’s 16th cup win since 1990.
Paul Shires, Executive Director of Westfield Health, said: “As a Sheffield-based firm we strive to give something back to the community we work in, and by supporting the Hatters we can hopefully help one of the city’s best-known sporting teams keep on with their success.
“We encourage all of our policyholders to look after their health and wellbeing through living an active lifestyle, and the Hatters’ success in Cup Final is testimony to the rewards that sport can bring.
“The team’s win at the weekend over Team Northumbria has got the sponsorship off to a flying start and we’re looking forward to enjoying more success with the Westfield Health Hatters over the season.”
Westfield Health is a not-for-profit health insurance provider based on Division Street in Sheffield. For more information visit www.westfieldhealth.com
Photo caption: Westfield’s Executive Director Paul Shires with players (l-r) Helen Naylor, Naomi Campbell, Ellis Clayton and Sabra Wrice
Released by HR Media on behalf of Westfield Health. For more information call Kirstie Kinrade on 0114 252 7768 or email email@example.com
• Established in 1919, Westfield Health is one of the most successful and secure not for profit health insurers in the UK.
• Westfield delivers innovative healthcare plans backed by ‘world class’ customer service* and is proud to be a multi award winning provider.
• In 2012, Westfield won the ‘Best Health Cash Plan Provider’ category at the Investment Life & Pensions Moneyfacts, the ‘Specialist / Innovative Product of the Year’ category at the 2012 Cover Excellence Awards as well as the ‘Best Cash Plan Provider’ at the Health Insurance Awards.
• Through a range of flexible and innovative healthcare plans, Westfield provides cover for over a third of a million policyholders and over 8000 companies. As well as cash benefits, plans include a range of valuable healthcare services such as an online personal health risk assessment and DoctorLine™, a 24 hour GP telephone consultation service.
• In 2012, Westfield broke the boundaries of health insurance with the introduction of Hospital Treatment Insurance (HTI) – an innovative product offering prompt access to fixed price private treatment packages for a wide range of surgical and medical procedures. Westfield’s HTI was announced winner of the ‘Specialist / Innovative Product of the Year’ category at the 2012 Cover Excellence Awards.
• Just two months later Westfield enhanced its existing range of health cash plans with the addition of two new benefits at no extra cost to premiums – the expert second medical opinion service, Best Doctors, and the online retail discount facility, Westfield Rewards.
• With almost 40 per cent of the corporate-paid market**, Westfield was the first health cash plan provider to incorporate an employee assistance programme as standard in its corporate plans. Cover starts from just £1 per employee, per week.
• Through the Westfield Health Charitable Fund, the organisation supports communities across the UK and has donated more than £10 million to the NHS and medically related charities in the last 15 years.
• For more information, visit www.westfieldhealth.com or follow us on Twitter – @westfieldhealth
*Institute of Customer Service
** A Westfield estimate based on figures from Laing & Buisson Health & Care Cover UK Market Report 2011.