MONTHLY BASKETBALL COMPETITION FOR UNDER 12’s
This is a friendly local initiative which provides an introduction to basketball competition. It is also suitable for young apprentice officials to train and gain experience, and for new coaches to get involved with the sport. Everyone signs up to the developmental ethos to ensure that the players have an enjoyable experience, to help encourage them to take up the sport and continue with their basketball at club level.
The dates for the up coming competitions are Sunday 16th Dec, 20th Jan, 17th Feb, 24th March……(further dates to be added May-Jul)
- 10am-12noon (teams should arrive to register at 9.30am)
- Cost: £20 per team (but only £15 for any additional teams)
- Boys, girls and mixed teams all welcome
- 3 Playing categories for 6-12yrs old (Rookies, Sophomores and Juniors)
- All referees and table officials provided by the organiser/City of Sheffield Hatters & Saints
- Cafe open selling bacon butties/drinks/buns etc…….also basketball merchandise on sale
- New teams and players always welcome – NO EXPERIENCE necessary
For further information or to enter a new team please contact Loraine Gayle firstname.lastname@example.org
Coaching sessions are also available for 6-12yrs (boys & girls) at All Saints Sports Centre on Thursday evenings 5-6pm £2.50.
No need to book just turn up to the session. All coaches are qualified and CRB checked. No playing experience necessary.
We also run Basketball Camps every school holiday for any players aged 6-16yrs, including club level, newcomers to the sport or those just wanting to try it. Please contact Loraine Gayle for further information or to book a place. There are some FREE places available at Feb half-term and Easter for children living in certain postcode areas due to funding received from the local Community Assembly.